Back to Jobs
Product Marketing Lead
Posted on 2020-04-19
- Experience: Mid-Level
- Position: Full-Time
- Location: North America
About the opportunity:
About this Role
We’re looking for an experienced Product Marketing Lead to help us build the future of trust on the internet. This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of Aptible, and to lay the foundations for our Marketing Team. Reporting directly to our CEO, you’ll become the expert on our customers, and work cross-functionally to put your knowledge into practice throughout our marketing efforts. As a Product Marketer you will help us ensure that we are building the right products, targeting the right customers, saying the right things to engage them, and pricing our offerings the right way.
Examples of What You'll Do
- You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of our customers, products, competitors, positioning, and pricing.
- You’ll speak with our clients every week, maintaining a library and synthesis of your insights.
- You’ll maintain an up-to-date definition of our ideal customer profile, buyer personas, and target segments, in an effort to better understand the motivations, demographics, and firmographics of our targets.
- You’ll leverage your customer insights to craft copy and collateral that converts, and produce videos that help us illustrate product features. You’ll work with our Sales Operations Team to create advertisement and email campaigns that convert targets into qualified opportunities.
- You’ll lead the successful launch promotion of new features and/or products.
- You’ll take ownership of other marketing responsibilities—including social media, event, content, and brand projects—knowing that you’ll eventually hire team members to join or replace you in your work.
About You: Strengths
- B2B Product Marketing Experience: You have 5-10+ years of experience in product marketing at early- to late- stage technology startups. Experience in general marketing is helpful, but not required.
- Product Positioning & Messaging Skills: You have experience crafting compelling customer messaging for technical products. You have well-informed opinions about positioning, and likely have one or more frameworks you prefer to use.
- Customer Journey Optimization Skills: You have experience strategically deploying a variety of tactics, messaging, and content at different points along the customer journey for a technical product.
- User Research Skills: You have experience conducting interviews with customers and prospects, documenting your conversations, and training colleagues on your insights. You’ve worked with clients face-to-face to help them understand a technical product, and you’ve worked with clients to understand their needs.
- People Management Experience: You have experience successfully hiring, coaching, developing, and empowering Product Marketers.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You have experience explaining complicated concepts and drafting clear communications, whether you’re interacting with clients, vendors, or members of the Aptible Team.
- Bonus Experience (Not Required): You’re familiar with common sales and marketing automation tools, and you’ve written a bit of code or SQL.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 14 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Our Interview Process
We seek to make the experience of interviewing with us as delightful, efficient, fair, respectful, and transparent as possible.
A typical process at Aptible might include the following steps, and takes approximately 3 Weeks to complete. We try to move as quickly as possible, but if you have any time constraints, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate. 1) An Introduction to Aptible with the Hiring Manager (30 Minutes via Zoom) 2) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom) 3) A Take-Home Work Sample Exercise (NB: You will be compensated for completing this.) 4) A Discussion-Based Interview with an Aptible Team Member (45-60 Minutes via Zoom)
We believe that the Work Sample Exercise is an important part of the process, in that it gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in a concrete way. We take the time to design these exercises such that they: a) give you a view into the actual work you'd do at Aptible, and b) are standardized, so every candidate is evaluated using the same criteria.
Lastly, Aptible conducts calls with 3-4 References, ideally managers who have directly supervised you in the past and/or colleagues who can speak to your work.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form, and we will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.
About the company:
We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they're creating quality products.